- I’m in the thick of data collection for my diss follow-up project, and so far, so good. In fact, care to help a sister out?
- No, seriously. I need all the data I can get. It’s all anonymized, too, so no risk of breaching confidentiality.
- The job search continues. I’m hoping to hear back from a few place over the next few weeks. If I get nothing by Thanksgiving, I’m going to drink myself into oblivion. Sigh.
- I’ve had issues with a student who persistently leaves during class, usually clutching a phone on the way out. After establishing a pattern and recognizing its disruptive influence on the class, I finally said something to her along the lines of “Hey, can’t that wait?” using a very kind tone of voice, of course. I later received a wall o’text e-mail basically claiming that she has every disorder in the history of humankind and that she always needs her phone on her because her dad sometimes travels for business. Attached was a sketchy-ass note that was allegedly from a doctor “verifying” that she had one of the illnesses she claimed to have. Um, ok? I expressed my sympathies and then suggested that she sit by the door to minimize disruptions. We’ll see how things go.
- We’ve booked a 17-night trip to Vietnam in early January. I can’t begin to express how excited I am!