- This song is one hell of an earworm. I’m almost embarrassed to admit that I like a top-40 type song as much as I do
- I just finished watching Twin Peaks in its entirety. David Lynch is a sick, twisted man. That shit disturbed my sleep something fierce!
- My first full week of teaching is done, and I feel good. The students are really engaged and smart, and who wouldn’t want a class with only 5 people? Next week is abbreviated so that I can go back to Sleepy Southern Town to be with Spouse for our 5th anniversary. We have no plans, and that’s fine by me. Once I leave, we’ll go over 3 weeks without seeing each other. On the other hand, that marks his move here.
- Earlier this week, I Skyped with a person who served on a search committee for one of the many jobs I didn’t get. She is interested in my work, and so I may be collaborating with her and her research team on developing an assessment on children’s…pastry-making skills. (Keeping up the pseudonyms and all.) This is exciting, but a little weird. I’m very curious to see who they hired and try to figure out why. At any rate, at least I will get to collaborate with a person doing interesting research who is also one of the coolest people I’ve ever met on a campus visit.
- Speaking of hiring, I have received absolutely no response from Farflung U. I am writing them off completely, and just in the nick of time. It seems that things aren’t going so well there, and I would be freaking the hell out if I knew we were headed there in a little over a month.
- Now that we know where we will be living after next month, I’ve been in full force trying to get stuff set up for the new place. I also need to get writing so that I can crank out another article by the end of the summer. I may put off doing class prep until August when I’ll be recovering from sinus surgery. A few afternoons in the office should put me in a good position to meet all of my objectives and still have a little fun in the process. Summer is off to a great start!