1. What is your favorite part of summer?
The increasing daylight hours, which allow you to go out later and feel like the day never ends.
2. What’s your favorite quintessentially summer food? Least favorite?
Least: Anything really greasy or junky.
3. Best beverage to beat the summer heat:
Horchata or a nicely salted lime margarita on the rocks
4. Least favorite/most annoying thing related to summer?
Sunburn and prickly heat. My skin does not take kindly to the least bit of heat or moisture, especially simultaneously.
5. Pick one: the lake /the beach. Why?
Beach. Better food and adult beverages. Less mud, too.
6. Most amusing summer vacation trip you’ve ever taken?
Last summer, we went to the coast to stay at a friend’s beach house w/ an assortment of friends. 7 adults and a 15-month-old. A lot of alcohol. Much hilarity ensued.
7. Most ridiculous/cringe-inducing/blush-provoking summer outfit you have seen? (Bonus points if you yourself were wearing it!)
As my mother once instructed me, “There should be more material *this way* (gestured vertically) than *this way* (gestured horizontally).” I should only be able to see one of your pairs of lips or cheeks, if you catch my drift.
8. Your absolute dream summer afternoon would be:
On the beach somewhere tropical, decent amount of shade under palm trees, with a constant stream of frozen alcoholic concoctions. Occasional breaks to snorkel in a tranquil bay. Maybe a massage in a beachside hut. The smell of coconut.